On June 20, 1874, Congress passed legislation calling for the construction of five sturdy, wood-framed Houses of Refuge to provide shelter and provisions for shipwrecked sailors along the desolate Florida east coast. Under general superintendent Sumner Kimball, the United States Life-Saving Service embarked on plans for the construction of the houses, starting with House of Refuge No. 1 to be located thirteen miles north of the old Indian River Inlet at Bethel Creek, near present-day Vero Beach, and ending with House of Refuge No. 5, five miles north of Norris Cut on Biscayne Bay, about where present-day Lincoln Road ends at Miami Beach.
ON THE PICTURE BELOW FOR MORE DETAIL.The Kuwaiti Causeway Bridge will be finished this year (2019), barring unforeseen circumstances.
This Ocean Plastics Recovery Vessel appears to be owned by a company in Boca Raton, Fla. but does not appear to be able to cost effectively recover plastics in the Arctic Ocean or Antarctic