The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse is approximately 20 miles south of St. Augustine.
Well-hidden behind a curved inlet and lush vegetation, the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, formerly known as the Mosquito Inlet Light, is the tallest lighthouse in the State of Florida.
Constructed in 1836 but only first lit in 1887, this lighthouse composed of brick in a conical design reaches 175 feet into the sky.
Lit by various orders of Fresnel lenses at various times, the light can be seen by ships as far as 17 miles away. Restored by a non-profit organization, it became a National Historic Landmark in 1998.